18/11/2012

November Buys

So with this month being my birthday month I went a little bit crazy in the shopping department considering my meager student budget. I rationalized all this crazy spending as "birthday treats" otherwise I would have never spent as much money as I have this month. Anyhow picture time:



This is like the general picture of all my purchases excluding a couple of big this I will show further down. I know it doesn't look like much but I was looking for just a few pieces that could breather some life into my current wardrobe and beauty regime.

 Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in '17' and Rimmel 5 in 1 Base and Topcoat
To start off with is this red lipstick I bought it in the shade '17' which is fairly dark and burgundy like as i thought it would match my dark skin tone more than a bold bright red one would do. And I also got a clear polish which also acts as a nail treatment because my nails are really quite fragile and I'm in the market for something that will stop them splitting and ruining my nail varnish.

 Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk shampoo and Aussie Dual Personality Anti Frizz+ Conditioning Milk

Well these are pretty self explanatory really but I cant go by without giving them a mention; this shampoo is actually amazing. Its a protein shampoo which means it maintains the keratin in your and and makes it stronger and decreases the likelihood of breakage. An added bonus is that it is sulphate free, for those of you on a hair journey and it smells  like coconuts which is just so heavenly. I don't really have a review for the Aussie product yet as I have only used it once so far, but I'm hoping for good things because my hair really needs something to combat the frizz, especially because it's winter because the air is always so humid, meaning I can't go outside for 30 minutes without my hair transforming into a rather deflated afro :(  

   Beanie: New Look, Ear cuff: H&M
I have been seeing everyone around with beanies recently and normally this puts me off buying an item but in reference to my earlier bad hair day issues I figured it might make a more appealing way to leave the house. I also got the ear cuff's because I was wanting to add a little edge to my ear wear haha. And I thought it was a relatively simple way to make any outfit a little cooler.

 Jumper: H&M, Wedges: New Look

Who doesn't love a good pair of wedges? I originally got these in black and I loved them so much that I went back and got this pair. I stalked them for a while and it payed off because I got them on sale for five pounds less than the original price. The jumper, I just couldn't resist because everything about it just called out to me; the colour, the fit, just everything. Its very lose knit though so a lot of layers are needed underneath.
Alexander Wang Rocco 'inspired bag': eBay

I saw this bag on Beauty Crush and I just had to have it. I took it with me to uni on friday and I was just so happy with it. I really love the long strap on it and it is just so big, you could fit loads in there and still have room for extras. It is definitely my staple bag for this autumn as I see it coordinating with loads of my outfits. The only trouble with it is that it has gold studs so I feel like I cant wear it with my silver jewelery but this is easily fixable, i'll just get the same bag in grey: that one comes with silver studs hehe!

Have you been shopping lately, what new in your closet?
B x

5 comments:

  1. nice items llove the bag ! maybe we follow each other !? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great items! Love your bag!!! Xx

    www.itchyedgy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same shampoo! I love it ;) That brand is really good!

    I'm in need of beanies...so totally LOVE the one you have

    <3
    http://www.indefinitestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, I just came across your blog...seems like you have been doing blogging for the same time as me! your blog is great! I love your posts, good luck xxx

    http://dollsanddresses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love that girl logic, my purse has gold studs, my jewellery is silver, I guess I will just have to get the one with the silver studs too! (I do exactly the same so you are not alone.)

    Love your bobble hat too! I lost my old one so had to buy another had it hasn't been off my head!! It is just too cold outside!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete